Financial Steps for WidowsPodcasts
Episode 43: Financial Steps for Widows
On the heels of an amazing episode with Carolyn Moor of the Modern Widows club, I thought it would be appropriate to share Financial Steps for Widows. I break the steps into Emotional and Technical (Financial).
Emotional.... As emotions drive decision making, I encourage all grievers to give themselves space to breathe.
- Let your emotions out. They are normal.
- Surround yourself with positive people and positive energy.
- Know your grief counseling status.
- Connect with your Financial Planner--I am usually the first point of contact and connect all other professionals, so my client can focus on healing.
- Connect with your estate planner.
- Handle all arrangements.
- Legal documentation--I provide the framework.
- Notifying government agencies-I assist.
- Canceling credit cards and Driver's license--I assist.
- Listen to find more.
As a side note, my clients contact me first as I provide a safe space for them to simply grieve. I do that by ensuring them I will take care of the financial aspect and by taking as much as possible off their place. I take the stress out of the unknown as I provide a process to take care of financial matters.Thanks for listening!
Thanks for listening! Follow us on twitter or follow us on Facebook. You can also find us on LinkedIn.
#healthyboundaries #healthyboundariesmatter #boundaries#boundariesarehealthy#boundariesareimportant #boundariesmatter#howtohelpafterloss #helpagrievingfriend #grief #griefjourney #lossofalovedone #lossofaparent #lossofachild #ElderlyCare #caregiversupport #caregiver #caregivertips #caregiving #caregiverlife #caregiverburnout #therightteam #financialplanner #mentorship
Help Us Continue to Make Awesome Content for Listeners Affected by Grief
Loved the episode? Get notified every time an episode goes live plus other great updates on working through grief. Click the button below to sign up.
Subscribe to Podcast Notifications
Share this episode:Listen on Apple PodcastsListen on SpotifyListen on Google PodcastsListen on Amazon MusicListen on iHeartRadio